* French shelled chesnuts are available at TheFrenchyBee.com.
- 3 Cups shelled French chestnuts*
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 Cup heavy cream
- 1/4 Cup vegetable stock
- 2 Cups cubed brioche bread
- 1 sage leaf, finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon maple syrup
In a large pot, boil the chestnuts in salted water until soft. Drain and mash, using a potato ricer.
In a large sauce pan, combine the mashed chestnuts, salt and pepper, cream, stock, brioche, sage, and maple syrup and stir well over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Season again to taste. Serve hot.