Chestnut and Brioche Stuffing
This recipe uses elegant shelled French chestnuts and rich brioche bread to create an indulgent, flavorful stuffing that's for more than just stuffing the bird on Thanksgiving.
* French shelled chesnuts are available at TheFrenchyBee.com.
- 3 Cups shelled French chestnuts*
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 Cup heavy cream
- 1/4 Cup vegetable stock
- 2 Cups cubed brioche bread
- 1 sage leaf, finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon maple syrup
In a large pot, boil the chestnuts in salted water until soft. Drain and mash, using a potato ricer.
In a large sauce pan, combine the mashed chestnuts, salt and pepper, cream, stock, brioche, sage, and maple syrup and stir well over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Season again to taste. Serve hot.