Cherry Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Salad
One of my refrigerator staples is this tomato, mozzarella, and basil salad, with herb salt, olive oil, pepper, and red onion. The mix is cool and refreshing and is a perfect meal, side, sandwich filling, salad-topper, or addition to just about any meal. The key is not to overpower the tomatoes with the mozzarella, letting the sweet and tangy cherry tomato taste shine through, with the salt and onion giving it a good kick.
- 8 Ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 Ounces fresh cherry-size mozzarella balls, quartered
- 1 Teaspoon chopped red onion
- 1 Tablespoon chopped basil
- 2 Teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon herb sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon pepper
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, mix, and put in the refrigerator to chill. Or, serve and enjoy right away!