- 2 1/2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 Tablespoons slivered almonds, divided
- 1/2 Pound cherries (about 2 cups), pitted and halved, divided
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 5 Ounces baby arugula
- 1 1/2 Cup cooked whole grains (e.g. barley, farro, wheat berries, wild rice)
In a blender, combine vinegar, shallot, mustard, 1 tablespoon water, 3 tablespoons of the almonds and 1/4 cup of the pitted cherries. Blend until very smooth, about 1 minute. Stir in tarragon.
Combine arugula, cooked grains and remaining cherries in a large bowl. Toss with the dressing and garnish with the remaining 3 tablespoons almonds.