Cheesy Flatbread Pizza
If you’re searching for a quick, easy, and family-friendly appetizer for a celebration, look no further than this flatbread. Featuring melted cheese, crispy bacon, and slices of fresh vegetables to add some brightness, this pizza is salty, gooey, and total perfection.
This recipe is courtesy of Borden Cheese.
- 1 12-inch piece of cracker bread or flatbread
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 Cups shredded mild Cheddar cheese, preferably Borden Cheese Mild Cheddar Shreds
- 8 strips thick-sliced bacon, cooked crisp and broken into 1-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, cut in strips
- 1/4 Cup Italian parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Brush the bread with a small amount of olive oil and place on cookie sheet.
Spread 1 1/2 cups of cheese evenly around the bread. Top evenly with bacon pieces.
In a small skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil until hot.
Add sliced garlic cloves and sauté until lightly browned. Sprinkle onto the pizza.
Arrange sliced tomatoes and red onions over the pizza.
Add parsley to the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and spread over other ingredients.
Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Cut into squares and serve immediately.