The Cheesecake Factory's SkinnyLicious White Chicken Chili
Need a little comfort without all of the calories? This white chicken chili recipe will hit the spot. It's loaded with zesty spices, so you won’t even miss those extra calories.
This recipe is courtesy of The Cheesecake Factory.
We freshly prepare our dressings and sauces in each of our restaurants, but you can find good quality substitutions in most supermarkets and specialty stores. Excellent recipes can also be found in various cookbooks.
The exact calorie count will vary depending upon the specific ingredients used.
- 1/4 Cup canola oil
- 2 Pounds chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 Teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 Cups yellow onions, diced 1/4 inch
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 Cup green poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, seeds removed, diced 1/4 inch
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 Tablespoons salsa verde
- 1 -1/2 teaspoons chili garlic paste
- 1 -1/2 teaspoons chipotle Tabasco
- 3/4 Teaspoons oregano, dried
- 3/4 Teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon cumin, ground
- 2 Cups canned white beans, rinsed & drained
- 3 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 Cup green onions, chopped 1/4 inch
- 2 Cups white rice, cooked
- 1/4 Cup pico de gallo
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
Heat canola oil in a large sauce or soup pot.
Combine the chicken and spices in a mixing bowl.
Add the chicken into the pot. Cook until lightly brown and about 3/4 done.
Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
Heat the butter and the additional oil in the pot. Add the onions and cook until tender.
Add the garlic and chiles into the pot. Stir the ingredients together and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the flour into the pot. Stir the ingredients together and cook for about 2 minutes.
Add the chicken stock, a little at a time, into the pot and slowly stir the ingredients together until smooth (no lumps of flour remaining).
Add the salsa verde, chili garlic paste, Tabasco, oregano, brown sugar and cumin into the pot. Allow the mixture to come back up to a simmer and then add the chicken back to the pot. Simmer for 5 minutes, then gently stir in the sour cream and white beans.
Serve with white rice and garnish with pico de gallo and green onions.