The Cheesecake Factory's Cajun Jambalaya Pasta
The Cheesecake Factory
Sometimes a spicy dish is the only thing that can satisfy your hunger pains. This flavorful and hearty dish is perfect for just such an occasion.
This recipe is courtesy of The Cheesecake Factory.
- 2 Ounces olive oil
- 1 Pound boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Cajun spice blend
- 4 Ounces red, yellow, and green peppers, cut into thin strips
- 4 Ounces red onions, cut into thin strips
- 6 Ounces shrimp (shells, tails, and veins removed)
- 1 Tablespoon blanched garlic, minced
- 2 Teaspoons cajun spice blend
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 Ounces Roma tomatoes, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 -1/2 cups spicy chicken-seafood broth
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 Pound linguini pasta (fresh)
Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Place the chicken into a clean mixing bowl. Sprinkle the Cajun spice over the chicken and into the bowl. Gently toss the chicken until each piece is evenly coated with the spice.
Add the chicken into the sauté pan and cook until it is about half done. Add the peppers, onions and shrimp into the pan. Cook until the shrimp are about half done. Add the garlic into the pan. Season all of the ingredients with kosher salt, ground black pepper, and a little more Cajun spice.
Add the diced tomatoes and chicken-seafood broth into the sauté pan. Gently stir the ingredients together. Continue to cook until the chicken and shrimp are done and the vegetables are tender.
Drop the pasta into boiling salted water, and cook until al dente. Place the pasta into serving bowls. Spoon the jambalaya over the pasta. Garnish with a sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley.