Cast Iron Teff Ricotta Chard Frittata
Teff grains, mixed with Rainbow Chard, Sweet Potatoes and beautiful Watercress leaves, spiced with cayenne pepper, added walnuts for the crunchy taste and topped with Ricotta for the creamy texture.
AHAHH! Nutrition Packed Brunch. Super Healthy!
- 1 cup chopped rainbow chard (including the leaves)
- ½ cups mashed sweet potatoes
- ¾ cup watercress (chopped)
- 2 cups teff (cooked)*
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 eggs (whipped)
- ¼ cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit. Prepare a 10 ½ inch cast iron skillet.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients except ricotta cheese and pumpkin seeds.
- Mix well with a spoon and pour the batter in the cast iron skillet evenly.
- Put the skillet into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven top it with ricotta cheese and pumpkin seeds and put it back into the oven.
- Bake again for 20 – 25 minutes or until the tester comes out clean.
- Let it cool for a while and serve warm.