- 4 egg yolks
- 3 Ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 Ounces thick-cut slab bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 16-ounce box Mrs. Ts Loaded Baked Potato Pierogies
- 2 Teaspoons cracked pepper
- 1 Teaspoon parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, cheese, and olive oil. Set aside.
In a large sauté pan or skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat, turning as needed, until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan, then add the onions to the pan and cook in the rendered bacon grease over medium heat until softened and brown, about 20 minutes.
Return the bacon to the pan and reduce the heat to low.
Bring two quarts of water to a boil. Add the frozen pierogies and heat until they float, 3 to 5 minutes; drain, reserving ½ cup of the pierogy water for thinning the sauce. Working very quickly, add the pierogies to the bowl with the egg yolks, cheese, and olive oil, toss continuously to coat the pierogies, thinning the sauce with the reserved water until it reaches desired consistency. Stir in the bacon and onions. Top with the cracked pepper and parsley.