The perfect side dish to any meal!
Recipe courtesy of Lexi's Clean Kitchen, click here to purchase her cookbook, Lexi's Clean Kitchen: 150 Delicious Paleo-Friendly Recipes to Nourish Your Life.
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 2 pounds), about 6 cups of cubed squash
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, ghee, or coconut oil, melted, plus more for the pan
- 1/2 Teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- cinnamon, for garnish
- salt, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a rimmed baking sheet.
Peel the squash and slice it in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and cut into 1-inch cubes.
In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, coconut sugar, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Pour the melted butter mixture over the squash and toss to coat.
Place the squash on the greased baking sheet and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, tossing every 15 or so minutes to avoid burning, until caramelized and fork-tender. Garnish with additional cinnamon and salt as desired. Serve immediately.