*Available from s.a.l.t. sisters
- 3/4 Cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Celery s.a.l.t.*
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 package coleslaw mix
- 1 Pound peeled, deveined shrimp, tails removed
- 1 Teaspoon olive oil
- 2 Teaspoons Blackened Cajun r.u.b.*
- 5 sub rolls
- 5 Tablespoons butter, softened
In a medium size bowl mix the first 6 ingredients. Add in the coleslaw and mix until the cabbage is fully coated, set aside. In a non-stick pan add the olive oil and swirl around until pan is coated and heat over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot add the shrimp and sprinkle a teaspoon of the Cajun seasoning over the top. Cook until shrimp are pink and just cooked through, turning over half way through and sprinkling with the remaining Cajun seasoning.
Heat broiler to 500 degrees, butter buns and place on a baking sheet with the inside facing up. Broil until golden brown. To assemble the sandwiches, divide shrimp among the buns and top with about a 1/3 cup of coleslaw down the middle.