- 1 spaghetti squash, (about 2 1/2 pounds), halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/4 Cup water
- 4 Tablespoons butter, such as Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 Teaspoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- Parsley or basil, chopped, for garnish (optional)
Arrange squash cut side down in shallow baking dish; add water. Microwave uncovered on high for 12 to 15 minutes until tender. Let stand 5 minutes. Gently scrape squash with fork to pull apart spaghetti-like strands.
Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add squash and cook, stirring frequently, until coated and hot, about 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and add remaining 2 tablespoons Spread and 1 teaspoon cheese; toss. Spoon into serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon cheese. Garnish, if desired with chopped basil or parsley.