- 1 Tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves removed
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 whole butterfish filets
- 2 Cups water
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
Add the oil and 1 tablespoon butter to a large pan and place on medium heat. Add the onions and saute until translucent, but not brown.
Add the thyme, garlic, and jalapeno and cook for one minute.
Meanwhile, pat the fish dry with a clean paper towel and season with salt and pepper. season fish with salt and pepper and set aside.
Pour the water into the pan and bring to a boil. Add the fish and turn heat to high. Cook for about 15 minutes spooning the liquid over the fish as it cooks.
Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to pan, reduce heat to low and let the butter melt completely, continue to baste the fish. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with the green onions.