Buckaroo Summer Squash
Here's a 21st-century fresh update to those heavy casseroles that were popular 30 years ago. Go completely 21st century with organic ingredients!
- 1 Cup grated Cowgirl Creamery Organic Buckaroo or UnieKaas Robusto cheese
- 25 wheat square crackers, preferably organic, crushed
- 1/4 Cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tablespoon chopped thyme
- 3 zucchini or yellow squash, preferably organic, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
In a medium-sized bowl, toss together the cheese, cracker crumbs, parsley, onion, and thyme. In a large bowl, toss together the remaining ingredients.
Arrange the squash in a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish. Scatter the cheese mixture evenly over the top and bake until melted and golden brown and the squash is just tender, about 20 minutes.