Broccoli Cheddar Latkes
Potato latkes are as exciting as vanilla ice cream. I’m sure there are the purists who believe it’s best to stick with tradition, but I like to mix things up in the kitchen. This year, I’m giving the latke a serious makeover, starting with this recipe for broccoli Cheddar latkes!
- 1 Pound broccoli florets, chopped and steamed
- 1 russet potato, peeled and grated
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 Cup panko crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon cayenne
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 Cup canola oil, plus extra for frying
Place the broccoli florets in large mixing bowl. Add the grated potato, diced onion, panko crumbs, pepper, salt, cayenne, flour, cheese, and oil and mix well. Shape into patties. Heat about 1 inch of the canola oil to 375 degrees. Fry the latkes in the oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes.