- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled, cut in half, and yolks mashed in a bowl
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons chopped pickles
- 1 Teaspoon mustard
- 4-6 cooked slices of bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 oysters, soaked in buttermilk for a few hours
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 Teaspoons chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon paprika
- Canola oil, for frying
- Smoked paprika, for garnish
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
Add the mayonnaise, olive oil, pickles, and mustard to the mashed yolks. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add more mayonnaise if necessary (depending on the size of yolks). Using a spoon or a piping bag, fill the egg halves with the yolk mixture.
In a bowl, combine the flour and seasonings. Remove the oysters from the buttermilk and shake off excess liquid. Dredge in the flour mixture.
Heat 2 inches of the oil in a deep skillet to 350 degrees. Fry the oysters for about 1 minute, depending on the size of the oyster, just until you see a bit of color on the flour. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
Garnish each deviled egg with a dash of smoked paprika and sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley, then top with an oyster and piece of bacon.