- 2 slices pancetta
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 Teaspoon coconut flour
- 1 Cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 6 spring onions, trimmed, outer leaves discarded, and finely chopped
- 14 Ounces fresh peas (you can use frozen but fresh works best)
- 1/4 Teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Olive oil, for finishing
Heat a large sauté pan to high and add ½ teaspoon of coconut or olive oil. Cut your pancetta into small cubes. Cook until crispy. Put in a bowl to the side.
In the same sauté pan, add the butter and the remainder of oil. Add the coconut flour and stir, and then slowly add the stock.
Add the spring onions and peas and season with red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cover the pan and simmer until the peas are tender, about 5 minutes. Check seasonings, and then add the lemon juice. Finish with olive oil before serving.