Fresh roasted corn is ideal. Canned or frozen corn can be substituted.
Use fresh tomatoes and chilies if possible. Sometimes chilies have little heat. Test chilies for heat prior to use. For a no heat option, try poblanos. One can use cayenne to finish if there is not enough heat.
- 3/4 Cups black beans drained and washed
- 3/4 Cups fresh corn, roasted
- 1 roma tomato, deseeded and diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 serrano chilis, diced
- 1/2 Cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/8 Teaspoon cumin
- 1 Pinch of salt, to taste
Prepare ingredients. This includes roasted teams.
Mix all ingredients in small bowl and season to taste with salt.
Can be used immediately, but tastes better if marinated 4 hours to overnight.
Serve as a dip or use in burritos, tacos, quesadillas, and southwest pizza.