- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Pound eighty five percent lean ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 3/4 Cup broth, such as Swanson® chicken broth or Swanson® chicken stock
- 1 Cup salsa, such as Pace® Picante Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 can (fifteen ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (twelve ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the turkey, onion, chili powder, cumin, oregano, black pepper and garlic powder. Cook until the turkey is cooked through, stirring often to separate meat.
Stir the broth, picante sauce, sugar, beans and corn in the saucepan and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.