Big Papa's Beef Patty
Named one of the 10 "Best New Restaurants in America," by GQ in 2009, Serpas True Food receives a lot of its praise for its custom-blend beef patty served on a homemade brioche bun. Topped with Monterey Jack cheese, crispy bacon, and a spicy mayonnaise, Serpas’ double beef patty represents everything we love about a classic cheeseburger — diner style. It’s seared to perfection on a flattop griddle and served on a buttery toasted bun.
- 5 Ounces blended ground chuck, brisket, and sirloin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons grated smoked Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 brioche bun
- 1 Tablespoon clarified butter
- 2 Tablespoons clarified butter
- 2 Tablespoons chipotle-aioli or a favorite mayonnaise-based condiment
- 1 Tablespoon caramelized onions
- 1 strip thick-cut applewood-smoked bacon
- 2-3 leaves lettuce
In a medium-sized bowl and using your hands, form the patty with 5 ounces of chuck brisket and sirloin. Season both sides of the patty with salt and pepper to taste. Lightly salt a large skillet. On medium-high heat using the skillet, sear the patty on 1 side for 2 to 3 minutes and flip. Take a heaping handful of the grated cheese mixture and layer onto the patty. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
While patty is cooking, spread the clarified butter onto each side of the brioche bun. Toast until lightly golden brown. Pull patty off the skillet and place on the bottom bun. Generously coat the top bun with a chipotle-aioli mayonnaise or your favorite mayonnaise-based condiment using a pastry brush. Layer with caramelized onions, applewood-smoked bacon, and lettuce and finish with top bun.