Here's a healthier version of a lazy weekend morning favorite, pancakes. A mixture of whole-wheat flour, rolled oats, wheat germ, and flaxseed ups the fiber factor and helps you feel satiated with less.
- 2 Cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 Cup rolled oats, pulverized to a powder in a blender
- 2 Tablespoons wheat germ
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 Cups low-fat milk
- 3 egg whites, beaten
- 1/3 Cup canola oil
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon honey or 1/4 teaspoon dried stevia leaf powder
- Cooking spray
In a bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. In another bowl, combine the next 5 ingredients. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture.
Coat a nonstick or cast-iron pan or griddle with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Ladle ¼ cup batter into the pan and cook until bubbles form. Flip and cook until the other side is golden brown. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the rest of the batter.