Betsy Horn’s 'World’s Best Smoothie' Recipe
The world’s best smoothie is a moveable feast, if it is as organic and natural as possible! Many people don’t have the time to prepare the fabulous five portions of vegetables necessary each day for health but this recipe does the trick!
*Pignoli (pine) nuts are high in nutrients and heart healthy mono-unsaturated fats
** Grapefruit seed extract is known as an antifungal and antibacterial product. Before adding any supplement to the diet, check with your qualified, health care provider if you take medications as there may be counter indications, especially with grapefruit.
- 1 Scoop Gruvolo’s Premium Greens (24 calories), equivalent to 6 portions
- 1 scoop chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Udo’s evening primrose or favorite oil (optional)
- 1 scoop spirulina powder
- 1 -2 cups 'good' water, unsweetened almond, soy, or hemp milk
- 1 apple or pear, blueberries (or whatever is in the kitchen)
- 1 Packet Eveliza/Alen, an organic, cereal compound (60 calories), 5 grams protein, or other protein powder
- ½ avocado
- ½ banana
- 1 small handful of nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashews, pignoli*)
- 1 shake each of cinnamon and turmeric
- 1 dropper green tea extract
- 1 dropper Wellness Herbal Resistance Extract from Source Natural
- 1 dropper sea buckthorn oil
- 1 drop grapefruit seed extract**
Place all ingredients into blender (I love the Vitamix’s power, as it doesn’t strip the ingredients of texture) and let it rip!
These are some of the basics, and variations are desirable and fun. All weeds, seeds, fruits, and veggies are fair game! My smoothie does not contain ALL these ingredients every day — choose what is right and healthy for you!