Beer-Marinated Bison New York Strip Steaks
Try these beer-marinated bison strip steaks.
Serving Size: 21.3 ounces (605 grams)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Cooking Time: 360 minutes
- Four 8-ounce boneless bison New York strip steaks
- One 12-ounce bottle of dark beer
- 1/2 Cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 5 Tablespoons lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons chopped red onion
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon peeled fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Tabasco brand pepper sauce
- 1/2 Cup white wine
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons coarse black peppercorns
- 1 1/2 Cup chicken stock or canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1 1/2 Cup beef stock or canned beef broth
- 1 /4 Cup whipping cream
Place steaks in a single layer in a glass baking dish.
Whisk beer, sugar, lime juice, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, oil, ginger, and hot pepper sauce in large bowl to blend. Pour marinade over steaks in baking dish. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours.
For Peppercorn Sauce:
Bring wine, shallots, and peppercorns to boil in a medium saucepan; simmer until mixture is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add chicken stock and beef stock and boil until reduced to 2 cups, about 25 minutes. Add whipping cream and cook until sauce coats spoon, about 6 minutes.
(Peppercorn sauce can be made up to 2 hours ahead. Set aside at room temperature)
To Finish Steaks:
Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
Remove steaks from marinade and grill to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to plates and keep warm.
Bring peppercorn sauce to simmer and then spoon sauce over steaks.