Beef and Fruit Curry
Comibe beef, dried fruit, Raisin Bran cereal, vegetables, and curry spices in a Crock-Pot for a simple and warm dinner.
- 2 Pounds boneless beef sirloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 20 Ounces pineapple chunks, packed in juice
- 2 Cups Raisin Bran cereal, slightly crushed
- 14 1/2 Ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 Cup chopped onion
- 1 Cup dried apricots, halved
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 Cups hot, cooked brown rice
- 1/2 Cup dry roasted cashews
In large skillet, quickly cook beef, half at a time, in hot oil just until browned. Drain off fat. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set aside.
In 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine cereal, undrained tomatoes, onion, apricots, sugar, curry powder, and red pepper. Stir in beef, drained pineapple, and 1/2 cup of reserved pineapple juice. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 hours.
Serve over hot rice. Sprinkle with cashews.