Everyone loves baked pasta and there is no better time to indulge than winter. The carbs in the pasta fill you up and the cheesy-oven-baked-goodness of a casserole warms you up. This version from Spicy Southern Kitchen has a flavorful twist: barbecue sauce, green onions, and cilantro.
- 1 Pound spaghetti, cooked until al dente
- Cilantro for garnish, optional
- 2/3 Cups of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1½ Cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Additional BBQ sauce for serving
- ¼ Cup sour cream
- 1 Pound BBQ pulled pork
Lightly grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl combine the BBQ sauce, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and sour cream. Stir well. Add the pasta, BBQ pork, and green onions to the bowl and toss to combine well.
Pour mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Top with cheese and cover with aluminum foil (spray foil with cooking spray so it will not stick to the cheese). Bake for 20-30 minutes or until hot all the way through.
Top with cilantro and drizzle a little additional BBQ sauce on top.