Barilla White Fiber Rotini with Puttanesca Sauce
Created by the executive chef of the Italian food company Barilla, this recipe features a quick and easy puttanesca sauce with plum tomatoes, capers, and olives. Barilla's white fiber rotini tastes and looks the same as their semolina line but has three times the fiber, offering you a flavorful and healthy meal.
- 1 Pound rotini pasta, preferably Barilla White Fiber Rotini
- 6 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 anchovies (optional)
- 1/2 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 Pound plum tomatoes, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 Cup black olives, pitted
- 2 Tablespoons capers, preferably in salt, rinsed
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
Cook the pasta according to package directions in a pot of boiling, salted water.
Sauté the garlic in ½ of the olive oil with the anchovies and red pepper. Just before it turns yellow, add the crushed tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the olives and capers and season with sea salt if needed. Meanwhile, drain the pasta and toss with the sauce. Sprinkle the pasta with the parsley and drizzle with the remaining oil before serving.