- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- 1 small chicken breast
- Canola oil or cooking spray, for the grill and pizza screen
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package refrigerated pizza dough
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1/4 Cup barbecue sauce
- 2 Ounces shredded mozzarella
- 2 Ounces shredded provolone
- 1/4 Cup chopped applewood-smoked bacon, cooked
- 1 Tablespoon chopped scallions, for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil (optional)
Heat the olive oil in a small sauté pan over low heat. Add the onion and cook until caramelized.
Meanwhile, preheat a gas grill or cast-iron grill pan on medium heat. Oil the grates and make sure they are well coated. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, to taste, and grill until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, about 6-7 minutes per side. Once cool, dice the chicken.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Flour and dust both sides of the dough, then stretch and roll out the pizza dough to the size of your pizza screen. Dock the pizza dough with a fork to pierce and poke small holes all around the dough (this prevents bubbling during the cooking process).
Coat the pizza screen with cooking spray and transfer the dough to the pizza screen. Evenly spread the barbecue sauce all around the dough leaving 1 inch from the edge. Sprinkle the mozzarella and provolone all around the pizza. Sprinkle the caramelized onions over the top of cheese, followed by the bacon and diced chicken.
Place in the oven for 8 minutes, rotating once during the cooking process. Cut into 8 even slices. Garnish with the chopped scallions. If using, lightly brush the garlic oil around the edge of pizza before serving.