- 1/3 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 4 heads radicchio, each quartered through the core end
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Cup pecorino romano, shaved
Whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, rosemary, orange peel, and red pepper together in a large bowl. Add radicchio and toss to coat. Leave to marinate for 15 minutes.
Heat barbecue or grill to medium heat. Drain marinade off the radicchio into a small bowl. Place the radicchio on the grill, season with salt and pepper. Grill radicchio, turning occasionally, until the edges are lightly charred and crisp, about 6 minutes.
Transfer radicchio to a serving platter, drizzle with reserved marinade, and sprinkle with cheese.