- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 17.3-ounce package frozen puff pastry, such as Pepperidge Farm, thawed according to package directions
- 1 8-ounce package light cream cheese, softened
- ¾ Cup finely shredded Cheddar Jack cheese blend (about 3 ounces)
- 4 cloves roasted garlic, mashed
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 12 medium jalapeno peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
Sprinkle the work surface with flour. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 9-by-12-inch rectangle. Cut the rectangle into 12 3-inch squares. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet, making 24 squares in all.
Stir the cream cheese, shredded cheese, garlic, and bacon in a medium bowl. Spoon about 2 teaspoons of the cheese mixture into each pepper half.
Place 1 filled pepper half diagonally, cheese-side down, onto each pastry square. Fold the pastry up over the pepper and press firmly to seal. Brush the filled pastries with the egg mixture. Sprinkle with additional shredded cheese, if desired. Place the pastries onto 2 baking sheets.
Bake until the pastries are golden brown, 20 minutes. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheets on wire racks for 10 minutes.