- 2 Pounds fresh cod fillets
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of large lemon
- 1/2 Cup white wine
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
- 1/2 Cup crushed Ritz Crackers
- Zest of large lemon
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Fresh lemon slices, for serving
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Lightly salt the fish on both sides, Pour 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, lemon juice, white wine and 1/4 teaspoon salt into the baking dish and whisk together well.
Drop in the garlic cloves, and stir with the dressing. Lay the fillets in the dish, turn them around and swish them in the dressing so both sides are moistened.
Toss the bread crumbs in a bowl with lemon zest, parsley, oregano, red pepper flakes and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Drizzle with the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, and toss the crumbs well until evenly moistened.
Spoon the seasoned bread crumbs on top of the fillets in a light, even layer.
Bake uncovered, until the crumbs are crisp and golden and fish is cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.