Baked Cod and Fennel in a Package
I wasn’t sure what to prepare for dinner and saw cod at my local fish market and quickly thought about fennel and created this amazing meal. It was so easy to prepare this Baked Cod and Fennel in a Package and it is a great Paleo recipe for a quick weeknight meal or any night.
Actually, how cute are these packages to serve your guests? Everyone can open their own package and squeeze their lemon wedge to enjoy this delicious meal!
Click here to see more recipes on Cindy's Table.
- 1 bulb fennel, cored and thinly sliced (mandoline works great)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 lage cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 Ounces mini roma tomatoes (or grape tomatoes)
- 2 Pounds cod fillets, cut into 4 portions (ask for thicker pieces, maybe center)
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 4 Tablespoons white wine (pino grigio)
- 1/4 Cup flat-leaf parsley, a generous handful, chopped
- extra-virgin olive oi, for generous drizzling
- 1 lemon wedge per dish, garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Divide 4 sheets of parchment paper, enough to create a purse package.
Make layered stacks dividing the fennel, onions, garlic, olives, and cod among the parchment pieces, working in the center of each piece of paper. Season the cod with salt and pepper and top with parsley. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil liberally over the fish portions. Fold the top and bottom edges together and crease several times then crease up the ends of the packets.
Arrange the packets on the baking sheet and place in the center of the hot oven.
Bake packets 20 minutes.