Baked Brie With Apple Cranberry Relish
Complete with tart apples, sweet dried cranberries and nutty pecans, this baked brie is easy to prepare and makes for a stunning appetizer. For a how-to video, click here!
- 1 apple, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 Cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 1/4 Cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 wheel Brie cheese
- crackers or good bread, to serve
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a bowl, combine all ingredients except the Brie, two tablespoons maple syrup, and crackers/bread and stir to combine. Taste for balance and season accordingly. If making in advance, wait to add the pecans so they stay crunchy.
Place the cheese on a parchment lined sheet tray and bake until warm and very soft to the touch.
Transfer the cheese to the serving plate, garnish with apple cranberry relish, and drizzle with maple syrup.
Serve immediately with bread or crackers. Or both!