- 8 Ounces cream cheese, sofetened
- 1/4 Cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 Cup chopped green onions
- 2 Teaspoons bacon bits
- 1 Teaspoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt to taste
- 14 jalapeños, halved lengthwise and seeded
- Texas hot sauce, optional
Preheat grill to medium-high. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, green onions, bacon bits, lime juice, garlic, and salt to taste. Fill pepper halves evenly with cheese mixture.
Place in a container for easy transport. When ready to cook, preheat grill to medium-high. Place a sheet of aluminum foil onto grill rack, and carefully place peppers on foil, being sure they don’t fall between grates.
Cover and grill 8 to 10 minutes, or until the peppers begin to char and the cheese is melted. Garnish with a dash of Texas hot sauce if desired.