If your football party is not complete without some guacamole and chips, take a cue from the master, Richard Sandoval, and serve his bacon guacamole for the playoffs. That’s right, bacon. Need we say more?
Back to Avocado 101!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 serrano chile, minced
- 1 Tablespoon minced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons minced tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons minced cilantro
- 3 Ounces cooked minced bacon
- 1 Tablespoon crushed pork chicharrones (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons cojita cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crispy tortilla chips
In a large bowl, remove the flesh from the 2 avocados and discard the skin and seeds. Mash the avocados with a fork or spoon until a rough purée is formed. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Fold in the serrano, tomato, cilantro, onion and stir to combine thoroughly. To serve, place the guacamole into the center of a large serving bowl. Top with crushed chicharron, crispy bacon (extra can be folded in for additional bacon flavor), and cotija cheese. Serve immediately.