- 10 Ounces smoked bacon, diced
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup toasted bread crumbs
- 2 Pounds brussel sprouts trimmed and cut in half
- salt and pepper
- 8 Ounces Max Brenner's Dark Chocolate Caibos
Render bacon in a large skillet until brown. Removed bacon with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl.
Add shallots and garlic to the bacon fat and cook on low heat until shallots are soft.
Removed shallots and garlic and add to bacon fat with breadcrumbs.
Sautee the brussel sprouts with salt and pepper on high heat until caramelized. Combine sprouts, breadcrumb mixture and chocolate and bake at 350F in a heat proof dish for 15 minutes.