- 4 Slices whole wheat or 7-grain bread
- 2 Tablespoons softened butter, plus additional 2 tablespoons for cooking
- 1 Large avocado
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
- 6 Ounces softened Laura Chenel original log goat cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/2 Cup fresh spinach leaves
Spread one side of each bread slice with butter, ensuring you reach all the way to the edges. Set aside.
Lightly mash the avocado with the salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. In a separate bowl, combine the goat cheese and herbs.
For each sandwich, layer 1 bread slice (butter-side down), 1/4 of the goat cheese mixture, 1/2 of the avocado mixture, 1/2 of the spinach, and another 1/4 of the goat cheese, then top with the remaining bread slice, butter-side up.
Melt 1-2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium low. Place the sandwiches in the skillet, then cook for 3-4 minutes on the first side until the bread is golden, checking often to see that the bread doesn’t burn.
Flip the sandwiches to the other side and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the bread is toasted and the center of each sandwich is hot.
Let cool slightly and enjoy immediately.