Avocado and Apple Chicken Salad
Avocados from Mexico
Low in calories and rich in protein, this salad combines the sweet with the savory using a mix of avocado, red apples, jalapeño pepper, pecans, and other tasty ingredients.
Recipe by: Avocados from Mexico and inspired by Chef Roberto Santibañez.
- 2 Cups cooked chicken or turkey breast
- 1 Cup diced sweet red apple
- ½ Cup thinly sliced celery
- ¼ Cup lightly toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- ½ Cup roughly chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- ¼ Cup chopped red onion
- 1 ½ Tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 ½ Tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper (optional)
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon olive oil
- 1 fully ripened avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 4 Cups mixed baby salad greens
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, apple, celery, pecans, parsley, onion, mint, jalapeño pepper (if desired), salt, lemon juice, and oil; stir. Add the avocado; toss gently until all the ingredients are combined, leaving some diced avocado visible while mashing some. Serve over the mixed greens.