Arugula, Golden Cherries, Marcona Almonds, and Parmigiano
Though inspired by golden cherries from the farmers’ market, this pretty salad can be made with
any sort of fresh or frozen cherry. Marcona almonds hail from Spain; their toasty, slightly sweet
and salty flavor is a great match for the fruit. Toasted whole almonds and a few extra pinches of
sea salt can be substituted.
Click here to see How to Make Salads More Interesting.
- 1/2 Pound fresh cherries pitted or 2 cups frozen pitted cherries, thawed and drianed
- 1/2 Pound baby or wild arugula
- 2 Ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano or Grano Padano, thinly shaved (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 Cup Marcona almonds, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 Tablespoons good extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Flaky coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cut the cherries in half lengthwise and place in a large serving bowl. Add the arugula, cheese and almonds. Drizzle with the oil and vinegar, crush a few generous pinches of salt over the top and season generously with pepper. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.