Pesto is a great thing to have at home, It can go pretty much with anything. Make it to spread on toast. Use it as a dip for celery, carrots, or cucumber sticks. Enjoy it as a sauce for zucchini spaghetti. Add fresh squeezed orange juice and you have a dressing. Get creative. This pesto is another great way to add nutrient dense veggies to your diet.
The pistachios can be replaced for almonds or pine nuts. I recommend the pistachios though, they taste great paired with the arugula.
For a milder pesto, replace 1 cup of arugula for 1 cup of spinach.
if you want to check great healthy recipes that use this arugula pesto visit our website at
1. Add half of the oil to a blender or food processor. Some liquid on the bottom makes it easier to blend.
2. Add half of the pistachios, all the garlic, some of the sea salt and half of the arugula. Blend for a few seconds, stop and scrape the sides with a spatula.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until you obtain the consistency of a paste. I like it chunky so I don’t blend it for too long. If you like a smoother texture, blend for a little longer. Either way the flavor will be fantastic.
4. Place it in a small mason jar, or any glass container to store in the fridge. Never use plastic.
5. Keep in the fridge for up to 5 days (for optimal freshness) and enjoy with anything you can imagine.