Note: Combining butter and oil together when you want to saute over a medium-high heat and keep ingredients together works very well. It will also prevent burning.
Give this recipe a try and you can substitute flours to make this a paleo recipe or gluten-free.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour (gluten-free flour or 1/4 cup coconut flour and 1/2 cup almond meal)
- 1 Teaspoon dried parsley or 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon paprika
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quarter, drained
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 Cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 Cup white wine
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lemon, quartered for garnish
- Fresh parsley for garnish
In a shallow dish or bowl whisk eggs. In another shallow dish or bowl mix together the flour, paprika, and parsely.
One at a time dip artichoke quarter in flour, egg, flour again, and egg.
Heat butter and oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add coated artichoke hearts and cook until golden on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside. Clean out oil from pan.
In the same pan over medium heat add chicken broth, wine, pepper, and lemon juice. Once it starts to boil reduce to simmer; add in capers and artichokes. Let simmer for 3 minutes.
Place on serving platter and garnish with fresh lemon quarters and fresh parsley.