Apple Quinoa Salad
Packed with nutrition and bursting with flavor, this easy-to-make apple quinoa salad provides a delicious dose of whole grains. And it’s the perfect complement to kids’ or adults' lunches — boosting energy levels to get through the day. Quinoa is a complete protein and provides an abundance of nutrition and energy.
- 1 Cup apple juice, preferably Juicy Juice brand
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Cup ivory quinoa, rinsed
- 3/4 Teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 medium red or green apples, diced
- 1 Cup sliced celery
- 1/2 Cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, washed and cut in half
Place juice, water, quinoa, and cinnamon in medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Cool slightly; transfer to large serving bowl and cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Add apples, celery, cherries, mint, oil, salt, and pepper to quinoa. Squeeze lemon juice over salad; toss to coat.
Recipe courtesy of Juicy Juice.