- 1 1/4 Cup milled flaxseed, preferably Carrington Farms
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 3/4 Cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 Cup canola oil
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium apple, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup chopped pecans
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tin.
Mix the flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and beat together until well combined.
Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
Divide the batter into the 12 muffin holes and bake for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.