This soup was developed as a part of a bigger multiple course meal. It is very unique in that it can be compared to a hot cup of apple cider. However, the chicken broth, apples, and five-spice powder add an interesting twist to it. The idea behind this soup is to give the guest something warm and acidic that when consumed will refresh the palate readying their taste buds to the next wonderful course.
See all apple recipes.
- 3 Cups chicken broth
- 4 Cups apple juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 Gala apple, peeled, cored and diced finely
- 1 Granny Smith apple peeled, cored, and diced finely
- Dash of kosher salt
- Dash of red pepper flakes
In a medium-sized nonstick saucepan, combine the chicken broth, apple juice, apple cider vinegar, and five-spice powder. Bring to a slow simmer. Add the diced apples and simmer until the apples are just tender but not mushy or falling apart. Season with the salt and red pepper flakes.