Curry is a generic term for any South Asian Spice Blend, so the flavors and heat can vary. For a spicy curry blend, look for the word “Muchi” on the label.
- 2 Cups leftover cooked, shredded chicken (such as PERDUE® OVEN STUFFER® Whole Chicken with Giblets)
- 2 Teaspoons Muchi curry powder
- 1 Cup apples, diced
- 1 Cup red or green grapes, halved
- 8 slices hearty whole grain bread
- 1/2 Cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup celery, diced
- 4 lettuce leaves
In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, curry powder, and grated ginger.
Toss dressing with the shredded chicken, apples, celery, and grapes until everything is completely coated.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour until ready to serve.
To serve, place a lettuce leaf on one slice of whole grain bread.
Scoop Curry Apple Chicken Salad onto the lettuce leaf.
Top with another slice of whole grain bread and serve.