Curry is a generic term for any South Asian spice blend, so the flavors and heat can vary. For a spicy curry blend, look for the word “muchi” on the label.
- 2 Cups leftover cooked, shredded Perdue Oven Stuffer Whole Roaster, Extra Meaty
- 1/2 Cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 Teaspoons muchi curry powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup apples, diced
- 1 Cup celery, diced
- 1 Cup red or green grapes, halved
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 8 slices of whole-grain bread
In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, curry powder, and grated ginger. Toss dressing with the shredded chicken, apples, celery, and grapes until everything is completely coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until ready to serve.
To serve, place a lettuce leaf on one slice of whole-grain bread. Scoop the curry apple chicken salad onto the lettuce leaf. Top with another slice of whole-grain bread and serve.