- 12 Johnsonville original breakfast sausage links
- 3 Cups frozen country-style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Cups shredded four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 Cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 Cup fresh chives or green onion, chopped
Prepare sausage according to package instructions, cool slightly and cut into ½-inch pieces; set aside.
In a bowl, combine hash browns, butter, salt, and pepper; divide evenly into 12 greased muffin cups. Press mixture onto sides and bottom of muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and divide sausage pieces into muffin cups.
In a bowl, combine eggs, cheese and bell pepper. Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups. Sprinkle with chives or onion. Return to oven, bake 13-15 minutes or until set. Serve.