- 1 Pound Linguine noodles
- 1/2 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Teaspoon chile flakes
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Cheese or fried breadcrumbs (optional)
In a 6-quart pot add water and salt, bring to boil and cook pasta, stirring regularly, until cooked (approximately 10-12 minutes).
*When draining pasta, be sure to save some of the water!
In a large skillet, heat extra virgin olive oil with the garlic and chile flakes on gentle heat until it begins to sizzle allowing the garlic to brown slightly.
Add pasta to the skillet and turn heat to high, tossing to coat well with the garlic oil. Add parsley and ¼ cup of pasta water and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add cheese or breadcrumbs, if desired.