- 1/2 Cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 Cup whipping cream
- 1 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ dark chocolate or devil's food cake mix
- 4 bars (2.07 oz each) Snickers™ candy bars, coarsely chopped
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Whipped fluffy white or whipped cream frosting
Heat oven to 325°F.
In heavy 1 1/2-quart saucepan, heat butter, whipping cream and brown sugar over low heat, stirring occasionally, just until butter is melted.
Pour into 2 ungreased 9-inch round cake pans.
Sprinkle evenly with peanuts.
Make cake batter as directed on the box.
Carefully spoon batter into pans.
Bake 36 to 41 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool 10 minutes.
Run a knife around sides of pans to loosen cakes; remove from pans to a cooling rack, placing cakes peanut sides up.
Cool completely, about 1 hour.
Gently stir candy into the frosting.
Place 1 cake layer, peanut side up, on serving plate.
Spread with half of the frosting mixture.
Top with second layer, peanut side up.
Spread top with remaining frosting mixture.
Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours.