- 1/2 Cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 Cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 bag (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 Cup pecan halves
- 1/2 Cup M&M's® chocolate candies
- 1/4 Cup shredded coconut, toasted, if desired
- 2 Ounces white chocolate baking bars (from 6-oz package), melted
Heat oven to 350° F.
In a large bowl, mix 1/2 cup butter, the brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla and egg until well blended.
Stir in flour and baking soda (dough will be stiff).
Pat dough in ungreased 12-inch pizza pan or into a 12-inch round on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool for about 30 minutes.
In 2-quart saucepan, heat chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons butter and milk over low heat, stirring occasionally, just until chocolate is melted; remove from heat.
Stir in powdered sugar.
Beat with wire whisk until smooth, glossy and spreadable (if not glossy, stir in a few drops hot water).
Spread chocolate mixture over the baked layer.
Immediately sprinkle with pecans, candies and coconut; press lightly.
Drizzle with melted baking bars.
Let stand until set.
Remove from pan if desired.
Cut into wedges.