- 1 package (2-layer size) cake mix, any variety
- 2 Teaspoons McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- Ready-to-spread or homemade chocolate frosting
- McCormick® Black Food Color
- Assorted decorations for cat's face, such as candy corn for eyes, nose and tongue, and licorice strings for whiskers
Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding vanilla to the batter.
Bake as directed on package in two 8- or 9-inch round cake pans.
Cool cakes in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans.
Cool completely on wire racks.
Cut out the cat's tail, ears, and feet from the remaining 1-inch outer circle as shown in the template and arrange as shown on the body of cat.
Mix food color into the frosting, using about 3 to 4 drops of food color for every 1/2 cup frosting.
Frost cat head and body.
Frost tail, ears and feet and attach to cat head and body with frosting.
Use candy to make the cat's eyes, nose and tongue.