Ranch Mac and Cheese
Macaroni and cheese never gets old, but sometimes it’s fun to mix it up a bit. This recipe uses ranch dressing and a handful of seasonings like garlic and lemon-pepper to add a bit of tang to it. Oh, and our favorite part? The sour cream mixed in right at the end creates the creamiest cheese sauce we’ve tried yet.
- One 16-ounce package elbow macaroni
- 1 Cup 2 percent milk
- 1/4 Cup butter, cubed
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 Teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 Teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1 Teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 Cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 Cup shredded Colby cheese
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 1/2 Cup crushed saltines
- 1/3 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the milk, butter, dressing mix, and seasonings and heat over medium-high. Stir in the cheeses until melted. Stir in sour cream.
Drain the macaroni and stir into cheese sauce with the saltines. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.